Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, August 26, 2016

Summer Popsicle Card

Happy Friday Crafters! It's been a long week and I'm really looking forward to some R&R this weekend. For this card, I was inspired by the Paper Players challenge to do "Something Sweet." These adorable little popsicle stamps have been sitting in my "to use" pile for a few weeks and this was the perfect opportunity to use them. 


I began my card by grabbing some of my favorite bright ink pads. I stamped each of the popsicle designs in a different color. I then used a Copic marker in a slightly darker shade to give each pop a little bit of shadow. Each pop was then die cut using the corresponding die. For the background piece, I ink blended some Salty Ocean distress ink to give them a nice light blue background. I then layered the pops to my liking and adhered the back ones flat while popping up the two front ones some dimensionals. I had this super cute summer paper pad and choose a piece that incorporated all of the popsicle colors. Plus I love that it's a bunch of summer-time words! I decided it needed a little mat so I chose a bright yellow cardstock to put behind it. After adhering all of the papers to the card base, I grabbed some sparkling clear sequins and some Stickles because I always need a little bling! That really finished my design. I love how this card really captured summer!

I'm entering it into the Paper Players Something Sweet challenge. There are lots of yummy cards on their blog so be sure to go check them out below!


Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back soon!

Supplies Used:

3 comments:

  1. This is so FUN! I love all the bright popsicle colors! It would be difficult to pick which one to eat. LOL! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those bright patterned party pops - yummy! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic and "cool" card! I heard the ice cream man coming when I saw your card. LOL

    My Card Blog: Creative Heart Designs

    ReplyDelete