Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, September 30, 2016

Bellarific Friday - Fall Photo Challenge

Happy Friday Crafters! It's been one heck of a week and I'm a tiny bit late on getting this post up today! I'm so glad it's the weekend and looking forward to a fun girls shopping trip with my Mom & Aunt. It's Bellarific Friday over on the Stamping Bella blog and I loved today's challenge because it was inspired by this photo:


I LOVE fall! I only wish we had more of it in Florida. It was 87 degrees today with  90% humidity so I enjoy making autumn cards that make me think of cooler weather, lol! For my card, I used the precious Tiny Townie Fay Loves Fall stamp and decided to make a fun little shaker card with falling leaves.


To start, I used my Copics to color the cute little Fay. I chose some non-traditional fall colors, but I think they work really well together. I used stickles and glossy accents on her buttons, flower bow, and the apples to give them a bit of shine.  Here's a close up of some of details:


Once the image was complete, I focused on creating the shaker window. I first cut out a scalloped frame using some really neat "wood" paper. It feels just like a thin sheet of wood and it die cuts like butter! It also has an adhesive back so it made it easy to stick the acetate on. I then cut a piece of fun foam with the same scalloped frame die to create my border to allow the sequins to shake around. I chose some really neat iridescent fall leaves for my shaker bits and decided to just put in a few so that it didn't overwhelm the image.  Once my window was complete, I backed the entire piece with pattered paper that coordinated with the mustard color in my image. For the sentiment, I heat embossed it onto some blue cardstock using gold embossing powder. I cut a little slanted banner on the edge and adhered it to the front of the shaker window.

I hope you enjoyed this challenge and be sure to pop over to the Stamping Bella blog to see what all of the other Bellas have created. Their amazing autumn creations make me so happy! Did I mention I LOVE fall?? Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is a free form challenge. That means anything goes, no limits! It would be a great opportunity for a someone who is intimated by guidelines. I would love to see you all participate! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies Used:








No comments:

Post a Comment