Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, September 23, 2016

Bellarific Friday - Sketch Challenge

Happy Friday Crafters! It's Bellarific Friday over on the Stamping Bella blog and today's challenge was this great (MOJO) Bella sketch by Julee Tilman.


Even though yesterday was the first day of Autumn, my card for this challenge ended up taking on a very springy vibe! I chose this beautiful stamp called FLOWERSBEHINDMYBACKABELLA V.2.0 to be the main focal point of my card. I stamped the image onto Copic friendly card stock using Simon Say Stamp intense black ink because it's Copic friendly and I love how black it is. Before coloring her, I chose a stitched square die and ran it through my Big Shot. I love taking large stamps and cropping them to fit my projects. You don't always have to use the entire image, spotlighting is fun too! 

I colored the Bella with my Copic markers and I also did a little paper piecing on her sash and headband. I used a tiny bit of gray Copic to add shading to these pieces so they weren't so stark white. I also added some stickles and Spectrum Noir clear sparkle to the flowers and glossy accents to her sash and headband. Here are the colors I used:


Once my image was complete, I started building my background to match the sketch. I picked papers from a new My Favorite Things pack called Sweet Celebration. I also chose a fun blue glitter paper from Recollections for the scalloped frame. For the sentiment, I stamped it onto vellum using Versamark clear ink and embossed it in white. I then layered it over a piece of patterned paper a cut a fishtail banner in the end. I wrapped this over and adhered it to the back of the card. The finishing touch was adding a few enamel dots in coordinating colors to highlight the image a little bit more. Here's a close up of some of the little details I added:


I hope you enjoyed this challenge and be sure to pop over to the Stamping Bella blog to see what all of the other Bellas have created. These ladies are sooo talented! I keep pinching myself knowing I'm part of this wonderful team! Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.



Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is a fabulous fall photo challenge. Use the photo below as inspiration for your card design. I would love to see you all participate! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again soon!



Supplies Used:






1 comment: