Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Bellarific Friday on Saturday - Photo Challenge

Hello Crafters! Today I'm sharing my Bellarific Friday card on Saturday, lol! It's been a crazy week and I finally get to slow down and enjoy this long holiday weekend. This week's challenge was a fabulous photo of a bicycle basket containing some yummy treats. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to use the UPTOWN GIRL FLORA AND HER BICYCLE stamp set. 



My color scheme was inspired by a piece of patterned paper from the Dear Lizzy Lovely Day pad. I really like this pad because it is accented by rose gold foil which is my current obsession. I stamped the image using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink onto a piece of X-press it Copic friendly paper. I then grabbed the following Copics and got to work coloring up the image. 


Once the image was complete, I used a stitched rectangle frame die to cut the piece down to size. I knew I wanted to use this floral paper as my background and when I placed the image down it got a little bit lost. So I decided to mat the image with some rose gold foil cardstock. This helped the image to pop off the patterned paper a bit more. 

I love the sentiment that comes with this set. I stamped it using Versafine Onyx Black ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I cut a little flag banner on one end and matted it with the same rose gold foil that I had used on the image. I liked the way it tied the two together. Before popping up the sentiment with foam tape, I grabbed some peachy hemp twine and tied a little bow on the end of the sentiment strip. For the finishing touches, I added some sparkling clear sequins, Stickles, Glossy Accents and of course my Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen. Here's a closer look at the details:



Be sure to click over to the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the BellaBabes came up with using this photo as the inspiration. If you would like to participate in Bellarific Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.

Next week's Bellarific Friday challenge is free form! All you have to do is use a current Stamping Bella stamp and your imagination. Sky's the limit! Hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment