Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, May 19, 2017

Bellarific Friday - Using Kraft Paper

Happy Friday crafters! I'm sooo excited for the weekend! It's been a long week and I'm looking forward to some R&R&Crafting this weekend! Today I'm sharing my card for this week's Bellariffic Friday challenge over at the Stamping Bella Blog which was to use Kraft paper in the design. Here's what I came up with:


I usually use Prismacolor pencils when coloring on Kraft but today I decided to try out my Copics. When using Copics on Kraft you have to test them out first since the color comes out differently than on standard white paper. I found that the colors were duller and more muted. So once I decided which ones to use, I got to work coloring up this adorable stamp called TINY TOWNIE SUSIE THE SUCCULENT. I just love her and the entire line of Garden Girls! They are fun to color and are so versatile. I did decide to go with Prismacolor pencils for her skin since the Copics I typically use for skin disappeared into the Kraft paper. I love the way you can mix both mediums. They work together flawlessly.

Here's a peek of what Copics I used for the image:


After finishing the image, I cut the piece down to size and rounded off the top left corner for a little bit of added interest. I then picked a sentiment from the Garden Girl Flower Sentiments set. I stamped and heat embossed it in proximity to my image. Next, I choose a green stripey piece of cardstock from a great Authentique paper pack called Cheerful. It's such a bright and happy summer pack. I cut the paper down to A2 size and layered my Kraft piece on top. I'm glad I laid it out before adhering because this is when I realized that I needed a little bit more color. 

I grabbed some American Crafts hemp twine in a coordinating pink and wrapped it around the green piece a few times securing it on the back of the panel with some tape. I then tied a double bow and cut the ends down a bit. I adhered everything to my card base and added a few little finishing details. Of course I had to add clear Spectrum Noir sparkle on the succulent bits and then a few little dots with my Nuvo Crystal Drops in Carnation Pink. It perfectly matched the twine!

Here's a closer look at the details:


Hop over to the Stamping Bella blog and see how the rest of the BellaBabes used Kraft paper in their designs. Some of them are AMAZING with pencils on Kraft. If you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is a photo challenge. Use the image below to inspire your design. Hope you join along and create something with us! Have an awesome crafty weekend and I'll be back soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment