Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Bellarific Friday - MojoBella Sktech

Hello Crafters! Happy Bellarific Friday on Sunday! It's been a busy week and I'm finally able to sit down and blog this adorable card featuring one of the Stamping Bella stamps from the Fall release called SQUIDGY WITCHY TRICK OR TREATER. Isn't she just the cutest? This week we were challenged with a nice sketch from MojoBella. Here's my take on the sketch:



I stamped the image using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink onto X-Press It Blending card. I selected my colors by using the Doodlebug Paper pack called October 31st. I love the mix of lime greens, purples and teals in that pack. After coloring up the little witch, I die cut the image with a standard Square die. I decided to add accents of Firefly Green stickles to her hair, Gold Stickles to the buckle on her hat and orange stickles to the eyes & inside of the pumpkin. She needed a little more sparkle so I coated her dress with Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen. 

Here's the Copic colors I used. (The two yellow missing labels are Y38 & Y35)


Before I started coloring, I selected the 5 different pattern papers I was going to use from two Halloween Doodlebug paper pads: October 31st and Boos & Brews. I cut a stitched square that was just a tad lager than my image from plaid paper. For the for other squares, I used My Favorite Things Mod Square die. I love these dies as they have two rounded corners and two standard corners. It provides so many different looks based on how you turn the squares. The rectangle one is pretty neat too!

I lined up the 4 background squares and adhered them to a slate gray card base. I applied foam tape to the center panel and popped it up on the card. For the sentiment, I used one from the Stamping Bella Fall Sentiment set. I stamped it in versamark clear ink onto a piece of black cardstock. I then used Ranger purple embossing powder and heat set it. I decided to cut the sentiment apart and stagger them on the left hand side of the image panel. To finish it off, I added a few enamel dots in corresponding colors.

Here's a closer look including that wonderful shine from the Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen. It's always hard to capture but I got it this time!


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog to how the other Bellas interpreted the MojoBella sketch. If you would like to participate in Bellarific Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellarific Challenge is to use CIRCLES. It can be with dies, punches, images, etc. Use your imagination and have fun! I hope you all have a fantastic week! Be back soon!

(P.S. Inlinkz the service I used for my product links is going out of business. I'm in the process of trying to find a new service. The one that is replacing Inkinkz is not user friendly. Once I find one I promise the links will be back! Thanks for your patience!)

No comments:

Post a Comment