Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Monday, November 13, 2017

Bellarific Friday - Sketch Challenge

Hello Crafters! Today I'm sharing my card for the latest Bellarific Friday challenge. We were given the fun MojoBella Sketch below. At first I was a little bit stumped but after pulling out some of the new Stamping Bella stamps, I had the idea to turn the adorable THE WALRUS, THE POLAR BEAR, AND THE PENGUIN STUFFIES stamp into a selfie. 



I had recently watched a video from Amy Rysavy at Prairie Paper & Ink where she used colored pencils on gray cardstock. I was inspired by that technique and thought that it would work well with the color palette for this winter card. I started by stamping the image in Simon Says Stamp Intense black ink onto a piece of Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock. I pulled out my Prismacolor pencils and colored up the image. I applied the color in the areas that I wanted darkness then used my blending stump and Gamsol to blend out the color. I haven't used my pencils in a long time so it was nice to play with them again.

For the arctic sky, I scribbled purple, blue and green pencils randomly then blended them out with the Gamsol. I added snow with a gelly roll white pen and then covered the area with Wink of Stella clear glitter pen. I cut the image down to fit the inside of the Lawn Fawn Say Cheese Again die cut. After adhering it, I stamped the sentiment on the frame and attached a little blue heart. I used several different papers from the Doodlebug Frosty Friends paper pack to create the background. I then attached the photo frame popping it up with foam tape. For the finishing touches, I added a few Doodlebug Lily White Sprinkles.

Here's a closer look at some of the little details:


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog to see how the other Bellas used this sketch. I always love seeing how each person interprets the sketch. So much inspiration! If you would like to participate in Bellarific Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellarific Challenge is EMBOSS your card...whether it be with an embossing folder or embossing powder. Just to sure to use a current Stamping Bella Stamp and your imagination. Have a wonderful week! Be back soon!

(P.S. Inlinkz the service I used for my product links is going out of business. I'm in the process of trying to find a new service. The one that is replacing Inkinkz is not user friendly. Once I find one I promise the links will be back! Thanks for your patience!)

No comments:

Post a Comment