Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge

Hiya Crafters! For today's post, I'm sharing a card that I created for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge. This week's challenge theme is:

 

 
So I've been obsessed with making shaker cards ever since the Pretty Pink Posh blog hop. They are just a neat way to add a bit of movement and bling to cards. I keep looking at my dies and getting shaker ideas! One of my friends was recently was in the hospital so I was inspired to make this card for them.
 
I love both of the Paper Smooches health themed sets, Healthy Vibes and First Aid Kit. They make super cute get well cards that just make me smile. For this card, I was first inspired by the little jar in the Crystal Clear set. I thought it would be a great container for the little pills. I stamped the jar on an acetate sheet using StazOn jet black ink. After I decided where I wanted it to be placed on the card, I die cut the jar and the border from craft card stock. It was hard to tell what the line was without the other half so I separated them a little bit and attached a piece of the red paper to the back to make it look more like a heart monitor line.
 

For the contents of my jar, I stamped the pills on red card stock and used clear embossing powder to give them a little shine. I decided to mix in some clear and red sequins because it looked a little plain with just the pills. The last touch on the jar was to cut out the lid and again I stamped and clear embossed it. To finish up the whole look, I made a little sentiment tag and tied on some twine.
I hope you enjoyed my card and be sure to check out the other amazing cards at the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog here! Until next time!
 
 

Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches - First Aid Kit & Crystal Clear stamp sets
Dies: Paper Smooches - Crystal Clear 1 & Borders Dies 1; Spellbinder - Reverse Wonky Rectangles
Paper: Nikki Sivels - Get Well Soon (Red Crosses and Skinned Knees)
Other: Avery Elle - Berry Blend sequins; Twine; StazOn Jet Black ink; Ranger - Super Fine Detail Clear embossing powder

 

3 comments:

  1. Shut the medicine cabinet! This is so stinkin' clever, Jenny!! So pinning!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOOOVE this shaker card! What a clever idea-- a jar with pills! FAB!!! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge <3 Hope you join in the fun with our Picture Perfect challenge this week <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card - so clever! The jar is perfect. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Smooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete