Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Thursday, March 3, 2016

You're Souper Cool!

Happy Thursday! I'm so excited to share a card using the adorable chef from My Favorite Things. I just loved these little guys when I first saw them and knew I would love creating cards with them. I was inspired by a great sketch over at the Paper Players. It really challenged me because I'm typically "clean and simple/less is more." So stepped outside my box and played around with mixing different patterns and I was up for the challenge!


For my little chef, I used warm grays and red Copic markers for his outfit. I wanted him to have a bit of a back light so I die cut a piece of distress watercolor cardstock in a hexagon shape and used two different yellow distress inks to blend the background. I then fussy cut around the image and adhered him to the middle of the hexagon. I used some gray Copics to give him a little shadow and I used a stamp to add back the steam that I had cut off.

For the background, I selected several different patterns papers including this cute one with little veggies. I thought it went perfect with the soup theme! I layered them up and adhered them down some flat and some with foam tape. The sentiment was stamped and embossed on a strip of red cardstock that I cut a little flag end on. To finish the card, I added some glossy accents to the buttons of the chef coat, the ladle and the bowl. Here's a close up:


This card actually came together pretty quickly. I will definitely be using this stamp set again soon! The chefs are just adorable and the sentiments so witty! As I mentioned, I will be entering the Paper Players Sketch Challenge. Go check out the design team cards and other challenge participants' designs. So much inspiration in one place! Thanks for stopping by! Until next time!


http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2016/02/pp284-sketch-challenge-from-claire.html

My Supplies:

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love how you colored the chef! Adorable card! Glad you joined us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so FUN! I love that little chef and all the mix of patterns! Such a bright, cheery card! So happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little chef is darling! Your coloring is awesome too.....he makes me grin and my DGD loves this image so much, she is bugging me to order him!! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete