Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, May 12, 2017

Bellarific Friday - Sketch Challenge

Happy Friday Crafters! It's time for another Bellarific Friday challenge. This week's inspiration is a fun Mojo Bella sketch below. I knew I wanted to break out one of the new stamp sets called SUCCULENT CHICKS. This set comes with four adorable chicks and a great sentiment. You can also get the Cut It Out dies and bundle it for a great deal! Due to the layout, I had to select only three chicks to use. Boy was that hard!

Here's what I came up with:



This week I went back to my Copics. I started by stamping the images in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink onto a piece of X-press it blending card. I die cut the images with a cross stitch rectangle die to give it a bit more interest. My color scheme was inspired by the Doodlebug paper pack called Fun in the Sun. I first colored up the chicks and their succulents. For their pots, I decided to paper piece them using a few different patterns from the paper pack. To give the pots dimension, I used warm grays to add shadows. I love this technique. It's so easy and really adds something extra to the image. Here's a look at the colors I choose:


After completing the coloring, I selected my paper for the background. I just love this Doodlebug paper! It's so bright and fun! I cut a few pieces according to the sketch and then adhered them all down. For the image panel, I matted it with a piece of green patterned paper and then popped it up with foam tape. I stamped my image with Versafine black ink and heat embossed it with clear detail embossing powder and matted this with a coordinating piece of blue patterned paper. Once that was adhered, I pulled out my favorite enamel dots from Queen & Co and scattered them around the image and sentiment. My finishing touches were some glossy accents on the chicks' beaks and Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen to the succulents. Here's a better look at the details:


Hop over to the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the BellaBabes came up with using this sketch as the inspiration. If you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.
Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is to use KRAFT PAPER! This is something I use to do all the time so I'm looking forward to breaking it out again. Hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon! \


No comments:

Post a Comment