Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, June 23, 2017

Bellarific Friday - Photo Inspiration

Happy Friday! Today I'm sharing a card that I made for the Bellarific Friday photo inspiration Challenge which was the gorgeous marbled cake below. I'm loving the marble trend that's going around and I couldn't wait to incorporate it into my design. 



I was feeling adventurous and decided to try a technique that I'm fairly new at - No Line Copic Coloring. This style is definitely a challenge for me but I'm enjoying practicing it. To begin, I stamped CAKEABELLA V.2.0 in a Copic friendly beige ink onto a piece of X-Press It paper. I used my MISTI and stamped it a few times to make the lines more visible. Let me tell you, the light ink does it's job as it's nearly invisible, lol!

I used the dark to light method of coloring to help me see the image better. I feel that I nailed this on her clothes and the cakes. Where I struggled was with her face. I used a Copic mulitliner to try and trace her eyes. I wish I would have had a brown one because I think this would have made it less contrasting and blended better with the image.

Overall I wouldn't say it was too bad for my second attempt at No-Line Coloring. I just need to keep practicing and playing around. I think a critter image may be a bit easier. After I was finished coloring, I fussy cut the image. On a side note, there is a coordinating “CUT IT OUT” die available for this stamp. You get a great deal if you bundle them.

Next I turned my focus to the background. I had this gorgeous marble paper in my stash and it matched closely to the inspiration image. I also had some corresponding paper that was spotted with rose gold accents similar to the gold accents on the cake. I decided to combine the two to create the background for the image. The marble paper was a bit too bright and it drowned out the image. To tone it down, I grabbed a piece of vellum, wrapped it around the marble piece and secured to the back with some scotch tape. This also added an additional element of  matte texture that I really liked.

The image then looked a bit plain adhered to the background so I grabbed some rose gold thread and created a little messy nest. I use to use this technique quite a bit and really like the look it provides. I popped the image up using some foam tape and adhered it to the little thread circles. Lastly, I added a few rose gold sequins to try everything in and give it some bling.

Here's a closer look at the coloring and the little details:


Hop over to the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the Design Team created using this fabulous image as inspiration.  Also, if you would like to participate in Bellarific Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.

I'm so excited for next week's challenge!! It's a shaker or spinner card! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment