Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Poppy Sketches Challenge - Sketch #3


For today's blog I chose to participate in the Poppy Sketches Challenge. I was inspired by the color scheme and stumped by the layout. I couldn't figure out how to incorporate the little angles.


After playing around with a few ideas, I finally came up with this little card:


I love the Simon Says Stamp Air Vent die and those angles kept reminded me of the sketch. After I figured out how to incorporate it, I focused on the main angles and tied on some ribbon. The initial knot I tied made "leaves" pop in my head. Voila! I pulled out my Papertrey Ink Notched Flowers die and went to work. I added a little bit of gold ink on the edges to make them pop out more. Overall a fun color scheme to work with and an easy little thank you card to have on hand.

Check out the other great entries at Poppy Sketches.

Thanks for visting! Until next time!

Supplies
Paper: Recollections - Purple Paper Pack
Dies: Simon Says Stamp - Air Vent; Papertrey Ink - Notched Flowers; Clearly Besotted Stamps - Tag Along Die Collection
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Fillable Frames #1
Other: American Crafts Ribbon; Brillance Dew Drop Ink - Galaxy Gold; My Minds Eye - The Sweetest Thing Decorative Button Collection; Plain Twine

5 comments:

  1. This turned out wonderful! Excellent take on the sketch and color combo! Lovin' the grosgrain ribbon! thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect Jenny!! I love how it all turned out, I know the angles were hard :)
    Thanks for playing at Poppy Sketches!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love your ribbon "leaves"--what a great idea! Thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love how you incorporated the angles in the sketch! And that little button on top of your layered flower is an awesome detail too! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! I like the colors that you used!

    ReplyDelete