Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, February 10, 2017

Bellarific Friday - Sketch Challenge

Happy Bellarific Friday! I hope everyone has had a great week. It's definitely been a long one and I'm so looking forward to having a weekend to play in my craft room. This week's challenge over on the Stamping Bella blog was to use the following MojoBella sketch and below is what I came up with. 


I just love the Stamping Bella new release and I knew I had to color up this adorable stamp called Tropical Squidgies. What's neat about this set is that you get three stamps: the sentiment and the image in two different sizes. How cool is that? I used the smaller size to fit the sketch. I stamped it onto a piece of X-Press It blending card with Simon Says Stamp Intense black ink. I then grabbed a myriad of Copics to bring the little squidgies to life. Here's a snap of the colors I chose:


After coloring the image, I cut the piece down to fit the sketch. I was really inspired by a new paper pack I bought from Pebbles Inc. called Sunshiny Days. It has these beautiful tropical colors and prints and went perfectly with the Tropical Squidgies. I cut three different designs into sizes that fit with the sketch. I then layered them up and adhered them together. I grabbed a piece of pink grosgrain ribbon that matched the flower and tied it around the entire card. I taped it down and then adhered the entire piece onto A2 size white card base. My finishing touches were some enamel dots and a little bit of glossy accents on the girls sunglasses. Here's a little close up of the details:


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog to see what the rest of the BellaBabes created using this fun sketch. Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.

Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is to use a Stamping Bella "CUT IT OUT" die on your card or simply ANY DIE OR PUNCH you are inspired to use. I hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment