Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Bellarific Friday - Photo Challenge

Happy Weekend Crafters! My card today is for this week's Bellarific Friday challenge based on the gorgeous photo below. I used one of the new Stamping Bella stamps called TINY TOWNIE GARDEN GIRL LILAC. Isn't she precious??



For this card, I choose Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers as my coloring medium. I find I get the best results with these markers when I use Bristol Smooth White cardstock. I also don't apply the markers directly to the paper. I color the marker onto a piece of laminated white card stock and use a paintbrush with a tiny bit of water to apply the color to the image. This helps me control the vividness since Zigs are highly saturated. Once completed, I fussy cut the image, added a little bit of stickles to the center of the flowers and Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen to the leaves. 

Next up I focused on the background. I drew inspiration from the photo and wanted to create a tone on tone brick wall. To do this I grabbed some translucent embossing paste and a stencil. To create a smooth surface for the frame, I cut a piece of masking tape the size I needed and put that down before covering the card base with embossing paste. The trickiest part was peeling up the mask. You have to do it before it dries or it will be stuck permanently. I used a pair of craft tweezers to help me with this task.

Once the embossing paste was dry, I die cut the frame from a piece of gold foil and adhered it into place. I then used some dimensional foam tape to pop up the Tiny Townie. I needed a small sentiment, so I pick this one from another Stamping Bella set called BUDDING CHICK RUBBER STAMP. The finishing touch was tying a bit of pink ribbon around the bottom. 

Here's a close up of some of the details and textures:


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog to see what the rest of the BellaBabes created using inspiration from the photo. Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is ANYTHING GOES. I hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment