Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Stamping Bella Release Preview - Sammy is Sweet & Happy Everything Bunny Wobble

Hello Crafters! Today I have TWO sneak peeks of the new Stamping Bella release for you. Only a few more days until you can purchase these adorable new stamps! I have such a long list already! 

First up is a wonderful new Tiny Townie called "Sammy is Sweet." And she definitely is!


I had a pack of pretty doilies in my stash that I've been wanting to use so I decided to go with classic Valentine colors and add a pop of sea foam green so that it coordinated. I actually really like this combo and was inspired by all of the bright colors. Here's the colors I used:


Once she was colored, I used a stitched rectangle die to give the panel a little more interest. I then started on my card base. The card size is a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square. For the background piece, I selected a fairly neutral pink patterned paper and then brought in a piece of striped paper that had that sea foam green accent. I layered that across the card and then lined up the doily so that my little image was the focal point. Once everything was adhered, I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of purple cardstock and cut a banner on one end. I tied a piece of coordinating bakers twine onto one end and used foam tape to pop it up so it would lay flat across the design. 

My finishing touches included my go to items glossy accents, Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen, and Stickles in various colors. I also added a few purple gems opposite of the sentiment to tie that color with the rest of the design. Here's a better look at the details:


Up next is a new addition to the Bunny Wobble collection called "Happy Everything." Chicks and Bunnies = the best!


For this card, I wanted to frame the image so I planned out my coloring after selecting the heart die. I traced the heart shape around my image so I would have a guide to keep the color where I wanted it. After coloring up the bunny and chicks, I took two different light pink Copics and did a little dot detail background. leaving it completely white just looked too plain. This addition gave it a little extra something that I later used to tie in the sentiment strip. Here's a look at the Copics I used to color up the image:


I grabbed a large heart die and cut it from a piece of polka dot paper. Instead of using the heart, I used the negative piece as my frame. I had measured the piece of polka dot paper before hand to ensure that it was the exact size of my card base. I then put foam tape on the back of the heart frame so that when I adhered my bunny image there would be more dimension and really give the illusion of a inset framed picture. 

Once that was complete, I focused on the sentiment. I choose a few different colors of card stock and matted them on top of one another. I die cut the top piece with a stitched banner and then ended up cutting off the ends so it fit better. That's why there are only two strips of stitching and not all the way around the ends. I actually really like how it turned out. Happy accidents! And of course I had to finish up the image by using some glossy accents and Stickles! I swear I have a sparkle problem but I'm not ashamed! Here's a look at some of the sparkly goodness;


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog everyday this week for more sneak peeks leading up to the big release on Monday, January 16th! I'll be back on tomorrow with another fun sneak peek for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment