Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Monday, January 9, 2017

Stamping Bella Release Preview - Bee Mine

Hello Crafters! Guess what time it is...Stamping Bella New Release Week! So excited to be able to share a little sneak peek with you. This release has a ton of fun Valentine and love images that will all be available for purchase on Monday, January 16th at the Stamping Bella shop. When I first saw this image I just wanted to squish the bear's little cheeks! How precious is he??


To make my bear look fuzzy, I didn't color smoothly but used tiny dots to give the image texture. I started with the darkest brown first in the shadow spots and then went in with my medium brown and then my lightest brown. It takes a little bit of time to get a pretty good coverage but the results are totally worth it! 
Here are the Copic colors I used for my image:


Once the little bear was all colored, I cut him out using a hexagon die. I really wanted to keep the "bee" theme throughout. I daubed a little bit of smoke ink around the edges of the hexagon so it would stand out a bit more. For my background, I used a hexagon panel die cut from a piece of mustard colored cardstock and adhered to a kraft card base. I wanted the background to look like a honeycomb so I took some of the little hexagons and glued the randomly back into the panel die. I decided to pop a few up and also added some yellow stickles on others just to give more interest.

To help the bear panel standout, I cut of strip of black and white heart paper to lay across the background. This also brought in the "bee" theme a bit more. The sentiment was stamped and cut into a banner and adhered. For the last touches, I used glossy accents on the bears nose and some Ice Stickles on his wings. It's a chunkier iridescent stickles that just really catches the light. I also stuck on a few little enamel hearts to finish off the card.

Here's a close up of some details:


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog everyday this week for more sneak peeks leading up to the big release on Monday, January 16th! I'll be back on Thursday with two fun sneak peeks for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment