Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Bellarific Friday - Thinking of You Card

Hello Crafters! This week's Bellarific Friday Challenge was to create a "thank you" or "thinking of you" card. I've been dying to use the precious Cave Kids stamp since the last Stamping Bella release came out and this was the perfect challenge for it. Aren't they adorable??


To create the scene, I started by stamping the image onto X-Press It Copic paper using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink. I also stamped some plants from the Cave Kids Add On Set. I picked my colors using inspiration from the Echo Park Dino Friends paper collection. Instead of going classic leopard print for their outfits I decided to go with light red and blue. I wasn't sure how it would look at first but I really love how it looked in the end. 

After coloring the images, I decided to make the background using my Copics too. I have a wide tip BG10 marker that I used to cover the sky portion quickly. I then used my regular BG10 marker to color close to the images. To create a bit of a cloud effect, I pulled out my colorless blender 0 and just colored some swirls. For the grass, I used several different greens and then flicked patches of grass in varying shades. Below are the Copics I used in this image:


I used one of the new MFT Mod Square dies to cut the image down to size. I wanted to give the image a frame so I lined up two of the Mod Square dies and cut a frame from a piece of wood grain cardstock. In the process, I lost almost all of the plants I had stamped and colored!

Next, I turned to creating the background. I cut a card base that was 5" x 5" from heavyweight white card stock. The piece of plaid paper was my inspiration for the colors but alone it was a bit too plain. I decided to quadruple mat it used 4 different colors of cardstock. This took some patience and careful paper trimming. Each layer is about a 1/8 larger than the next. I really love the way it turned out! It also gives it a bit of dimension without using foam tape. Perfect for mailing! 

To finish up the card I grabbed my Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen and covered both of the kids leopard print outfits. I also grabbed dark blue and dark red Copic Spica pens to add some shadows to the inside of each of the spots. It's subtle but noticeable in real life. I then applied glossy accents to the girl's little bone and some brown Stickles to the inside of the flower. Lastly, I pulled out two enamel heart stickers in corresponding colors and added them to either side of the flower.


I really adore how this card turned out. These Cave Kids are just the cutest!! Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the Bella Babes created using the card theme. If you would like to participate in Bellarific Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details. 


Next week's Bellarific Friday challenge is the fun photo inspiration below. You can use the image, the colors or both in your card design. Get creative and join in the fun!  Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon!


Supplies Used:









No comments:

Post a Comment