Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Bellarific Friday - Photo & Color Inspiration

Hello Crafters! I'm so happy to be back with another Bellarific Friday post. The last week and a half has been a bit stressful. I'm in Orlando and was affected by Hurricane Irma. We lost power for four days and are finally getting back to some normalcy. For me that means spending some time in my craft room. This week's challenge for Bellarific Friday was a gorgeous color combo. I picked up the new TINY TOWNIE GARDEN GIRL CHRYSANTHEMUM and could not wait to color her. She was one of my favorites from the new release and did not disappoint. 


I stamped the image using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink onto a piece of X-Press It blending card. This is my go-to combination for coloring with Copics. I chose colors based on the photo and layered them on her dress and hat. When selecting what colors to place next to each other, I made sure that if they overlapped they wouldn't create a muddy color. For example, I kept the yellow away from the purple. These two colors create a really ugly brown. The purple, blue and pink all blend nicely and actually look better mixed a bit. For her skin tone, I didn't use my go to colors and tried something a bit darker. I thought this went really well with the bright colors. I also used one of the new to me florescent colors. I love these and just need to figure out the best combos to use them. The FV2 went really well with BV04 and BV02.

Here's a look at all of the colors I used. 


Once I finished the coloring, I fussy cut around the image leaving a small white border. If you don't like fussy cutting, you can purchase the coordinating "Cut It Out" die and it would produce the same look. I wanted the little image to be the center of the card so I decided to go with a graphic and simple background. I grabbed cardstock that corresponded with the photo colors and die cut them using a long stitched rectangle die. I then adhered them to the card base in a pattern that I thought would work best. I popped up the girl using foam tape and adhered her into place. I chose a sentiment from another Stamping Bella stamp and stamped it into place on the yellow rectangle. 

I thought it needed just a little bit of bling and chose three different colors of enamel dots to highlight the sentiment. Now you know I can't forget the sparkle! I grabbed Copic Spica markers in coordinating colors and added sparkle dots to each layer of petals. I also used my clear Wink of Stella glitter pen to smooth out the dots. It's super hard to capture on camera, but in real life it's sparkly, textured and gorgeous! 

Here's a closer peek:


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog to see all of the colorful cards the rest of the Bella Babes created. I seriously love this color combo and will definitely use it again! If you would like to participate in Bellarific Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details. 


Next week's Bellarific Challenge is to use CHOCOLATE! Yes, that's right, chocolate. It can be a chocolate stamp, chocolate paper, white chocolate paper, chocolate patterned paper, whatever inspires you! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I'll be back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment