For the background, I used a die from WPlus9 that cuts and embosses little stars. I wanted a nice stitched border so I cut my star piece again using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die. I went back and forth on whether to ink blend the background or watercolor. I ended up doing both. I started with a wash of purple and blue watercolor dabbing it off with a paper towel to get some variation in color. It turned out very pretty and bright but since this was for my guy, I decided to ink blend black distress ink around the edges to mute the color a bit and make it more like a Halloween night sky. Once this was dry, I adhered it to a piece of silver glitter paper so you would see just a hint of twinkle in each star.
I created the sentiment with a alpha set and heat embossed it in white on a piece of black card stock. I trimmed a slant in the end and grabbed another sliver of the silver glitter paper for some added interest. I popped up this piece along with the ghosts using some black foam squares. All of that was then attached to a piece of striped paper and a gray card base. My finishing touch was adding a little enamel heart. I struggle with making masculine cards because I want to throw in all of the glitter and sequins I can! Overall, I liked the way it turned out and I'm pretty sure "my boo" will too!
Such a fun challenge! Be sure to check out all of the entries on the Lawnscaping Challenge Blog. Thanks for reading! Until next time!