Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August Guest Designer for Stampingbella - Week 4

Hello Crafters! Today I'm featuring one of my favorite Stampingbella stamps called Uptown Girl FARRAH Loves FLASHDANCE. I was a child of the 80's so this stamp takes me back to a time where neon, teased hair, and leg warmers ruled!


In order to capture the bright neon colors, I pulled out my Zig Clear Color Real Brush markers. These markers stay saturated and bright even after adding water to them. I stamped the image on Bristol cardstock using Ranger archival ink. I find I have the best luck with the Zigs using this combination. Bristol is not watercolor paper so you have to be careful how wet you get it. In this case, I used very little water and did a lot of my blending on my palette first. Once the image was dry, I fussy cut her out leaving a small white border around it. I added a few little details such as glossy accents and some Stickles. Here is a close up and the colors I used.


I thought a shaker card would be a neat background for Miss Farrah. I started by die cutting a fun shape from a piece of patterned paper. I then adhered a piece of acetate to the back to complete the window portion. I grabbed some foam tape and lined the window portion creating a areato contain my shaker bits. I choose three different colors of neon sequins along with some clear ones.

For the back of the shaker, I pick this really neat iridescent foil paper. I had picked it up at Michael's last holiday season and I've been hoarding it ever since! I hope I can find some more this year. I wanted to add something to the inside of the shaker since it took up the majority of the card. I decided to die cut some letters and lined them up on the iridescent paper so when I attached it they would be at the top of the shaker shape. Once my shaker component was complete, I adhered Farrah to the shaker and then stuck a few neon enamel dots to finish it off. The sentiment that comes with the stamp is so like totally cute! I decided to feature it on the inside of the card and stamped Farrah one more time in a bright neon green ink.


Be sure to check out the Stampingbella Blog. Remember they have some great features such as Bellarific Fridays which is a weekly challenge in which you can be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks! Click below for more details.


Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies Used:

1 comment:

  1. Great card great colours!! Love it!! looking forward to seeing more of your work!!

    ReplyDelete