Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August Guest Designer for Stampingbella - Week 5 & Wonderful News!

Hello Crafters! This is my last "Wonderful Wednesdays With" blog post for Stamping Bella but it's NOT my last post for them! I was asked to become an official BELLA and member of their design team! Woo hoo! So excited to be joining this fabulous group of ladies and I'm looking forward to getting to know them and share many more crafty creations! 


So I saved my favorite for last. FAITH the FAIRY was the first Stamping Bella stamp I ever purchased and I have colored her many times over. I think this version might be my favorite. That could be because green is my favorite color or because this card is so sparkly I need sunglasses to look at it!


I started by stamping Faith onto Copic friendly paper with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink. This is my favorite Copic friendly ink to use. I grabbed a bunch of Copics in greens and blues and got to work blending a bit of an ombre from the blue to green. After the main layers and shading were down, I used some Copic Spica glitter pens and dotted them all over her dress. It's hard to see in the photos but in real life it looks like tons of rhinestones cover her dress. I also used a white gel pen to add a few more dots and "sparkles" so it would look like the light was hitting them. This really adds some dimension to the dress. The finishing touches I added were some Icicle Stickles to the ruffles of her dress along with some Spectrum Noir clear sparkle and Glossy Accents to her crown, shoes and scepter. Here's a look at the colors I used and some of the tiny details:


Once Faith was complete, I grabbed a fancy edge die and die cut just one side of paper. I then added some fun green glitter paper to the card base and adhered the white piece with Faith on top. I love  the sentiment that comes with the stamp but I just couldn't seem to get it to work in the space I had. I decided to go with a sassy sentiment die which I cut out of two colors of foil paper. I glued them slightly offset so that the back one looked like a shadow and helped the sentiment stand out from the busy background. So I couldn't help myself and went a little crazy with the sequins! I chose a bunch of different greens, blues and clear iridescent ones to match her attire. Hey, less isn't more in the case of a glittery fairy! Here's a better close up of the sparkle & shine:


As I mentioned, I love the sentiment that comes with the stamp so I had to use it on the inside. I stamped the Faith image in some light green ink (a technique I learned from Amy R. I just love how she used to finish the inside of her cards this way!) and then heat embossed the sentiment in silver. 


I really have enjoyed guesting this month at Stamping Bella. It's been an incredible opportunity that turned into an even more incredible opportunity! Be sure to keep checking out the Stampingbella Blog. Remember they have some great features such as Bellarific Fridays which is a weekly challenge in which you can be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks! Click below for more details.



Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies Used:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny! Would you allow me to use this card for our Featured Artist post over at Copic In The Craft Room on Facebook? I will try to find a way to contact you through e-mail as well. In the mean time my personal blog is www.scrapweaver.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete