Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Bellarific Friday - MojoBella Sketch

Happy Bellarific Friday! I hope everyone has had a great week and that you have time this weekend for crafty things. This week's challenge was the clean and simple MojoBella sketch below. I decided to pull out an older Stamping Bella stamp called Stuffy Stuffie. I just love coloring this line of critters, especially the little bears.



To begin, I used my go to Copic coloring combo of Simon Says Stamp Intense black ink and X-press it blending paper. For my color scheme I chose to go a bit more masculine and used the plaid paper as an inspiration. To achieve the fluffy look of the little bear, I used the dot technique for coloring. I layered several different tones of brown over each other by using little dots. It takes a little bit of time but the results are worth it. Here's a peek of the colors I used for this little guy.



I wanted to go simple with the design and let the little bear be the star. I started by cutting the piece of plaid paper down to an A2 card size. I decided how large my image panel needed to be and trimmed it down. I then adhered this to the plaid panel. I had this burlap ribbon in my stash and since I was going more masculine with the design I felt this worked better than regular ribbon. I cut it to size and wrapped it around the whole panel securing it in place with some tape on the back. 

Next up was the sentiment. I had to do some stamp surgery to get the sentiment to fit my card design. Don't be afraid to cut your stamps to fit your needs. They can always be placed by together on a stamp block. After stamping the sentiment in Versafine black ink and heat setting it with clear embossing powder, I adhered the entire panel to my card base. 

In the sketch there is a little circle element and I went back and forth with what to use. I tried buttons, die cuts and enamel dots and nothing seemed to look right. So I decided to grab some natural twine and tie a little bow onto the burlap ribbon. This was simple and neat. Perfect for my card design. 

To finish off the card, I grabbed some glossy accents to add to the thermometer and the bear's nose. I also couldn't help myself and added some Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen to the little water bottle on his head.  

Here's a better look as some of the details:


Hop over to the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the Bellas did with this fabulous sketch. Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is near and dear to my heart: ADD GLITTER TO YOUR CARD. Gotta love the sparkle and shine! Hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment