Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Stamping Bella Release Preview - Daisy Squidgy

Hello Crafters! Guess what time it is...Stamping Bella New Release Week! So excited to be able to share a little sneaky peek with you. This release is full of beautiful spring images that will all be available for purchase on Thursday, March 30th at the Stamping Bella shop. The first image I get to share is the adorable Daisy Squidgy! This set comes with three stamps: one large and one small image plus a sentiment. I'm absolutely loving the Squidgy line of stamps and so glad that there are more with this release!


I colored the image with my Copic markers using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink and X-press it blending paper. Next, I fussy cut the image leaving a little white border around her. Good news, this image has a coordinating Cut It Out die so you wouldn't have to fussy cut if you didn't want to! Here's a look at the colors I used:


Next, I focused on the background of my card. I choose a beautiful patterned paper from Crate Paper's Cute Girl collection as my inspiration. I decided to use My Favorite Things Stitched Scallop Basic Edges 2 to give it a little bit of interest. For the card itself, I chose a piece of Simon Says Stamp Surf Blue card stock. It looked a little plain so I decided to grab a background stamp from My Favorite Things called Swiss Dots and do tone on tone stamping with Simon Says Stamp Surf Blue ink. It's a subtle effect that adds a little bit extra to the design.

For the sentiment, I die cut a banner from Avery Elle's Pierced Banner Layered Dies and stamped the sentiment in black ink. I next popped up the patterned paper piece with foam tape to add some dimension. I adhered the banner using foam tape on the half that wasn't on the flower piece so that it would lay flat. Lastly, I adhered the little Squidgy and added some Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle to the daisy and Stickles to the edge of her dress. Here's a closer look at some of the details:


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog everyday this week for more sneak peeks leading up to the big release on Thursday, March 30th! Today features another round of those gorgeous garden girls. I can't wait to get my hands on those!

I'll be back tomorrow with another fun sneak peek for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment