Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Stamping Bella Release Preview - Two New CHICKS Stamps!

Greetings Crafters! Only one more sleep until the Stamping Bella release! Do you have your wish list yet? I definitely do! These will all be available for purchase TOMORROW Thursday, March 30th at the Stamping Bella shop. Today I'm sharing two new Chick stamps. The first one is called Wedding Cake CHICKS and it's super cute!


I stamped the image with Simon Says Intense black ink onto my go to Copic paper, X-press it blending card. I kept the coloring pretty simple using a limited color palette. I knew I wanted to add some sparkle so I choose to cover the cake with Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen and I added pink and blue stickles the ribbons, hearts and various other elements. One of my favorite things to add to the chicks is a bit of glossy accents on their beaks. It just gives them a little more dimension. Lastly, I used a clear Copic Spica pen to add some highlights to the confetti. It just gave it a little bit extra. 

Here's a closer look at the details and also what Copic colors I used:


I bought this great DCWV Wedding Stack that's white paper with a white pearl printed design on it. It gives this beautiful soft shimmer that's perfect for wedding cards. I selected a piece with a heart pattern because it matched the fun of the image. I cut it down to size and adhered it to a square card base. I then cut a stitched scalloped frame from a piece of blue card stock and trimmed the image piece to fit into the frame. I popped this up with foam tape so that it stood just a little higher than the frame. I really like this look and plus it adds dimension to the design. For the last bit of embellishment, I grabbed a few blue enamel hearts and scattered them around the scene. Here's a closer look at the card:


My final sneak peek card is one of my favorites! It uses a stamp called Mother's Day Chicks. Isn't that the sweetest image? They are so cuddly and you can almost feel the love between them. 


I started by, you guessed it, coloring the image with my Copics, lol! The ink is Simon Says Stamp intense black and the paper is X-press it blending card. For embellishment, I used a tiny bit of stickles on the mom's flower and applied glossy accents to their beaks. 

Here's a closer look at the details and colors I chose:


For the layout, I decided to cut the image using a stitched circle die. I then cut a piece of purple card stock using a fun die from Lil' Inkers called Fringe Scalloped Circles. It makes this neat cut that allows you to pop up the fringes which makes such a neat design element. I adhered these two pieces together and then selected a beautiful pattern paper from Pebbles called Tealightful. I cut it using a stitched rectangle die to match the circle stitching and added it to a card base that I made from Neenah Desert Storm Paper. I liked how the neutral color went with the patterned paper. The finishing touch was adding the sentiment so I stamped it on a piece of peach card stock which I trimmed down to a strip and cut flag ends to create a fun little double ended banner. Here's a better look at the card:


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog today for one last sneak peek leading up to the big release TOMORROW Thursday, March 30th! Today's peeks include more Chicks and some super unique Danielle Donaldson images. And don't forget to get your shopping list ready!




1 comment:

  1. Love both cards!! One question - where did you get the patterned enamel hearts? Did you create them yourself? They're great! Please let me know! My email is: loukuhl@aol.com. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete