Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Monday, March 27, 2017

Stamping Bella Release Preview - Squidgy Cowboy, Cowgirl and Cactus

Howdy Crafters! The Stamping Bella New Release preview continues today with a wonderful collection of western Squidgy stamps. These will all be available for purchase on Thursday, March 30th at the Stamping Bella shop. The first stamp is a handsome Cowboy Squidgy. 


I colored the image with my Copic markers using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink and X-press it blending paper. I chose to use some browns in different shades to mimic the look of leather. My hat got a little over saturated but in the end I could live with the color. Next, I fussy cut the image leaving a little white border around him. Good news, this image has a coordinating Cut It Out die so you wouldn't have to fussy cut if you didn't want to! Here's a look at the colors I used:


This little cowboy reminded me of Woody from Toy Story so I wanted to use this fun red bandanna paper from the Imaginisce Heartland Farm Collection for the background. I felt he needed something to ground him in the scene so I cut a frame from white card stock using MFT's Stitched Rounded Square Frames. I popped it up using foam tape and fit the little cowboy into the corner.

For the sentiment, I stamped it onto a piece of solid white card stock and adhered it across the bottom of the card. To finish everything off, I added glossy accents to the sheriff badge on his hat and his little buttons. I thought his buckle was missing something so I added a blue star confetti peice to the center.

Here's a closer look at the details:


Now every Cowboy needs a gal so up next is the adorable Cowgirl Squidgy. She is just so precious and I couldn't wait to color her up in pink!


Again I used my go to Copic combo of Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink and X-press it blending paper. I wanted her to be a rhinestone cowgirl so I created a jean vest, pink dotted skirt and super sparkly accents with her scarf, boots and hats.

Here's a closer look at the details and colors I used.


I cut the image down to size and matted it with a piece of plaid paper. To give the card base a little more texture, I decided to do tone on tone stamping with a denim background stamp. I love how this helped tie in the western theme a bit more.

I absolutely love this sentiment and I wanted to feature it on the front of the card. Because it was a bit big I had to figure out a creative way to incorporate it. I stamped it onto a strip of white card stock and adhered it across the bottom of the card. 

I added the matted image by popping it up with some foam tape. That allowed me to be able to slip some Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins under the edge and use them to highlight the sentiment. Here's a closer look at the card:


The last card I'm sharing today uses the Cactus Squidgy stamp. I knew when I saw this one that I wanted to create a dessert sunset and make it reminiscent of an old postcard. To do this I grabbed a few different colors of distress ink, blending tools and a piece of distress watercolor paper. This is my absolute favorite paper for ink blending because the blends end up so smooth. For the sand, I used a few different light brown Copics and did the dot technique to create some sand like texture.


Next up was the Cactus. I colored it was several different greens and then gave it a nice coating of Spectrum Noir clear sparkle. I wanted to fussy cut it without leaving a white line but in doing so I'd lose the little spiky bits. To get both, I fussy cut the cactus and used a black marker to trace around the image so that no white edges would be seen. I next stamped the image onto the background piece and popped up the colored cactus using some foam tape right over the flat stamped image. What this does is give dimension and you will still be able to see the spiky bits. 

I next chose a piece of striped paper that corresponded with the southwestern color scheme I was going for and adhered cut pieces to the top and bottom of my card base. For the final touches I added a few yellow and orange sequins to highlight the simple sentiment of "Howdy." Here's a better look at how sparkly the cactus is. I just love that!


The great thing about all three of these sets is that they come with a large and small image along with the sentiment. They also have "Cut it Out" dies available and to save money you can get them in bundles. 

Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog everyday this week for more sneak peeks leading up to the big release on Thursday, March 30th! Today's preview features even more adorable Squidgys! I just can't get enough of them. 


I'll be back Wednesday with TWO more sneak peeks to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment